The Mission of Graduate School of Informatics
- To function as a bridge between science and technology.
- To bring together academicians and experts from different disciplines to be a pioneer in interdisciplinary education and research.
- To contribute to Turkey’s informatics politics.
- To bring together researchers from different faculties and departments, thus creating a synergy among them.
- To provide masters’ and PhD programs for students with different knowledge bases.
- To execute theoretical and practical R&D projects.
- To enhance the collaboration between industry, university and government.
- To meet the need for the growing labor force in the informatics field.
- To perform national and international R&D projects in informatics and thus contribute to scientific and technological developments.
- To be a pioneer in e-transformation.
- To be a forerunner in developing and using information technologies as a contribution to the society.
The Vision of Graduate School of Informatics
- To be the frontrunner institute in graduate education and research in the field of informatics.
- To be the innovator in training experts and qualified workers for IT industry.
- To have effective role in the decision making policies related to Turkey’s informatics politics.
- To contribute to developments in e-transformation (e-government, e-health, e-business etc.) in our country.
- To produce new technologies in the field, collaborating with the government and the industrial sector.
- To strengthen the information society and information economy, the collaboration between the university the government and the industry.
- To keep up with the transdisciplinary sciences and scientific developments, and to be a pacesetter in this area.