- Behavioral studies on technology use
*Technology acceptance studies in IT
(including TAM, TRA, TPB, UTAUT and Diffusion of Innovations theories)
*E-health and e-government studies
- IT assessment and model development
*IT management, IT governance and auditing (COBIT, ITIL, CMMI and ISO standards including 38500 and 27001-2)
Recent areas of interest:
- Human-computer interaction studies
- Systems thinking
- Recommender systems
Management Information Systems
IT acceptance and theories
Awards and prizes
- Anadolu University, graduated with honour award – 2007
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Scholarships on international scientific activities – 2011 and 2014
- Middle East Technical University, Scholarship on international exchange studentship – 2012
- Middle East Technical University, Honorary prize on published book chapter – 2014
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Graduate scholarship – 2015-2016
o E. Sezgin & S.Özkan-Yıldırım (2016), “A Cross-sectional Investigation of Acceptance of Health Information Technology: A Nationwide Survey of Community Pharmacists in Turkey ", Research in Social & Administrative Pharmacy (Elsevier), IN PRESS. DOI: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2015.12.006.
o Book Chapter - E. Sezgin & S.Özkan-Yıldırım (2016), “Current Trends of Factors Affecting the Acceptance of Health Information Systems by Professionals”, Encyclopedia of E-Health and Telemedicine (IGI-Global),IN PRESS
o E. Sezgin & S. Özkan (2014), “Assessment of Information Technology Use in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises: Empirical Investigation in Five Cases”, Information Systems and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) - State of Art of IS Research in SMEs (Springer), pp. 97-121. ISBN: 978-3-642-38244-4
o E. Sezgin, T.D. Medeni, M.B.K. Önaçan, R. Kömürcü, Ö. Dalbay and İ.T. Medeni (2013), “The Perception of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) As a Transformational Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Public Institutions in Turkey”,Public Administration Reform Market Demand from Public Organizations, (Routledge -Taylor &Francis), pp.279-300, ISBN: 978-0-415-83667-8
o E. Sezgin, O. Alaşehir & S.Özkan (2014), “Work in Progress toward Adoption of an e-Health application by Healthcare personnel: A model validation”, Procedia Technology (Elsevier), Vol.16, pp.1317-1326.
o E. Sezgin & S.Özkan (2014), “ A Literature Review on Attitudes of Health Professionals towards Health Information Systems: From e-Health to m-Health”, Procedia Technology (Elsevier), Vol.16, pp.1327–1333.
o E. Sezgin & S.Özkan (2013), “A Systematic Literature Review on Health Recommender Systems”, Proceedings of e-Health and Bioengineering Conference (IEEE), pp.1-4, Iasi, Romania.
o O. Alaşehir, E. Sezgin & S. Özkan (2013), “The role of Gender in Pharmacists Attitudes towards E-pharmacy Application”, Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences (Elsevier), Vol. 83, pp. 1111-15.
o E. Sezgin and S. Özkan (2011), “Assessing Information Technology Use in Organizations: Developing a Framework”, Communications in Computer and Information Science (Springer), Vol.220, P.2, pp.388-397.
o E. Sezgin, S. Ozkan & O. Alasehir (2011), “Attitudes of Pharmacists towards E-Pharmacy Application: A Work In Progress Research on Medula Project”, Proceedings of 6th International Symposium on Health Informatics and Bioinformatics –HIBIT (IEEE), pp.8-15, Izmir- Turkey.
- E. Sezgin & S.Özkan (2011), Assessment of Information Technology Use: Developing A Framework and Its Practice, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing- Saarbrücken, ISBN 978-3-8443-0301-8