IS100 PROFICIENCY EXAM
/* Please read the whole announcement. If your question is already answered in this announcement or in FAQ, your e-mail will not be responded to.*/
The proficiency exam will be held on May 12, 2018. There will be no exam on May 13. You cannot choose your exam hour.
The registration system will open on May 4, Friday at 17.00.
The system will continue to take registrations until all the seats are filled.
Applications will close on May 9, Wednesday at 22.00.
Only the Preparatory School students of the following departments can take May proficiency exam:
Faculty of Engineering – All Departments,
Faculty of Economics and Adm. Sciences - All Departments,
City and Regional Planning.
** For students that are in ECE, ESE and EME departments, those who started METU after and including 2015 are NOT required to take the course.
***Students who took IS100 before cannot take the proficiency exam.
To attend the exam, please register from the following link using your Student ID number as soon as possible: http://is100c.ii.metu.edu.tr/Student_Management_Panel/ManagementPanelSMainPage.aspx
If you don’t know how to login to the IS100 student system, please see the following link: http://ii.metu.edu.tr/user-guides
To check your exam places, login to IS100 student system and click on “Exam Places” button on the left (It is there, look carefully.)
For more information, see: https://ii.metu.edu.tr/proficiency-exam-regulations
If you are a transfer student; send an e-mail to email@example.com until May 7, 15.00 with the subject “Transfer Student – Prof. Application”. Transfer students whose applications are accepted will be notified via e-mail on May 7, after 16.00. After you received e-mail, you should register for the exam using the link given above. Do not forget to state your student number in the mail.
- · If you get “You are not a METU Student” error : https://ii.metu.edu.tr/frequently-asked-questions-is100#p3
- · If you get “Your class or department is not appropriate for this Proficiency Exam” : https://ii.metu.edu.tr/frequently-asked-questions-is100#p4 OR it means you are not among the students who can apply for proficiency exam.
- · IF “you are a Preparatory school student + you did not take IS100 before + your department is among the ones stated at the beginning of this announcement (ALL AT ONCE)”, then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to state your student number in the mail.
You can find all information related with proficiency exam in the following link: https://ii.metu.edu.tr/proficiency-exam-regulations
Also; nearly all of the questions asked via e-mail are already answered in FAQ: https://ii.metu.edu.tr/frequently-asked-questions-is100
Please check these links before you ask a question. If an answer is already provided in one of the given links, you may not receive an answer due to the busy period.
IS100 Final will be held on May 20, 2018.
Exam time and place will be announced within the exam week.
IS100 SPRING SEMESTER
Course Code: 9010100
- All sections are online sections.
- You cannot drop the course if you took it before and failed/dropped.
- Different sections have different registration criteria, please find the section that matches with your department and year. Otherwise, system may not allow you to add the course.
- All announcements about the course will be delivered via e-mail and ODTUClass.
- Weekly quizzes will start in the add-drop week.
- To check course sections and criteria; you can use following link and choose 'Information Systems' Department: https://oibs3.metu.edu.tr/View_Program_Course_Details_64/
All the sections of IS100 Course are online sections!!
Students have to complete weekly online quizzes to get a participation grade. There is no defined class hours, no attendance required.
Sorularınız için lütfen önce FAQ about IS100 sayfasına bakınız.
Eğer orada açıklanmayan sorularınız varsa email@example.com adresine mail atarak iletebilir, hafta içi 13:30-16:30 arası 0312 210 37 39 numaralı telefonu arayabilir ya da Enformatik Enstitüsü B-103 IS100 Help Desk odasını ziyaret edebilirsiniz.
(HelpDesk ve telefon desteği, dersler başladıktan sonra aktif olmaktadır. Etkileşimli kayıt döneminde helpdesk ve telefon hattı açık değildir.)
Mailleriniz mümkün olan en kısa sürede cevaplanmaktadır.
Enformatik Enstitüsü idari personelinin konu hakkında bilgisi ve yetkisi bulunmamaktadır. Sorular sadece mail veya HelpDesk aracılığı ile cevaplanacaktır.
Course Code: 9010100